Cotton hybrid SVPR 1 (TSHH 0629) – A high yielding long staple intra hirsutum cotton hybrid for southern zone of India and winter/summer irrigated tracts of Tamil Nadu
Cotton Hybrid SVPR 1 is a promising long staple intra hirsutum hybrid developed at Cotton Research Station, Srivilliputtur. It was identified by the Central Varietal Identification Committee in the year of 2015 and notified in 2016 for kharif season of southern zone of India for irrigated condition and winter/summer irrigated tracts of Tamil Nadu. It is a cross between cultures TSH 311 and TSH 306. Cotton Hybrid SVPR 1 is open type in architecture with determinant growth habit and maturing in 165 days. It has recorded a mean seed cotton yield of 2216 kg/ha which is 16.4 % increase over the check Bunny (1904 kg/ha). This hybrid comes under the long staple category with 2.5% span length of 28.5 mm, fibre strength of 21.9 g/tex and micronaire value of 4.0. It can spin to 40’s counts. It is moderately resistant to leaf hopper, Bacterial Leaf Blight and Alternaria Leaf Spot. Hence, the cotton hybrid SVPR 1 (TSHH 0629) was released for the winter/summer irrigated areas of Tamil Nadu and Kharif season of South Zone of India
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.