Association analysis for pod yield and component characters in dolichos bean (Lablab purpureus L.)
Keywords: Dolichos bean, correlation, path coefficient, association analysis, Vindhyan zone.
AbstractThe experimental material comprised genotypes of Lablab purpureus collected from different parts of India. Correlation coefficient analysis revealed that number of pods plant-1, pod width, pod weight and pod length had positive correlation with pod yield plant-1. The traits like number of branches and leaf length showed positive relation with yield at the same time days to 50% flowering and days to first picking showed negative effect on yield. Hence, direct selection for these characters may lead to the development of high pod yielding Dolichos genotypes. Path analysis revealed that selection based on number of pods plant-1, pod weight could be effective in developing high yielding genotypes of Dolichos bean for Vindhyan Zone.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.