Sugarcane for Diversified Uses
Seventy three genotypes selected from the first clonal stage were evaluated for diversified uses viz., biomass per cane, fibre yield, theoretical yield of alcohol, commercial cane sugar (CCS) yield and cane yield in second clonal stage during 2011-12. Based on the mean performance of the genotypes viz., 2010T-152 and 2010T-53 showing high performance for biomass, fibre yield, CCS yield, theoretical yield of alcohol and cane yield; the genotypes viz., 2010T-146 and 2010T-84 showing higher performance for biomass, fibre yield, CCS yield and cane yield; the genotypes viz., 2010T-4, 2010T-103, 2010T-72 showing higher performance for fibre yield, CCS yield, theoretical yield of alcohol and cane yield; the genotypes viz., 2010T-115, 2010T-387 and 2010T-285 showing higher performance for fibre yield, CCS yield and cane yield could be suggested for promotion as varieties for respective diversified uses. The genotypes 2010T-16, 2010T-18, 2010T-82, 2010T-88, 2010T-103, 2010T-124, 2010T-153, 2010T-229, 2010T-239, 2010T-344, 2010T-347 and 2010T-416 selected by the index method could serve as potential genetic stocks in sugarcane breeding for diversified uses.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.