RICE TPS 5, NON-LODGING SHORT BOLD GRAIN VARIETY
The culture, TP 08010 with higher yield, cooking quality characteristics was developed from Agricultural Research Station, Thirupathisaram of Tamil Nadu Agricultural Univerisity for cultivation during Kar/late pishanam season. TP 08010 is a derivative of the cross between ASD16 and ADT37 with the duration of 118 days. This culture with erect medium tall stature, moderate productive tillering, long droopy panicles with complete fertility and long erect boot leaf possesses all the characters of the rice variety ASD 16. This culture recorded a mean grain yield of 6300 Kg/ha over 5 years of station trials with 14.7 per cent yield improvement over ASD16 besides exhibiting good record under different field trials inclusive of MLT’s and ART’s. The culture, TP 08010 is moderately resistant to stem borer, leaf folder, gall midge BPH and WBPH under field conditions. It produces short bold white rice with intermediate amylose, soft gel consistency and moderate gelatinization temperature. It produces good quality cooked rice.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.