A simple and efficient protocol for high quality of DNA from Vitis quandrangularis L.
Keywords: Vitis quadrangularis L., DNA extraction, Molecular Characterization, RAPD
AbstractVitis quadrangularis L., popularly known as Hadsankal in Saurashtra region, exhibits quadrangular and flat stems structure. The
present study was aimed to establish efficient protocol for DNA extraction and to evaluate taxonomic status of morphological
variants using molecular characterization method RAPD. Three protocols were tested and the final protocol was modified and
optimized for high quality DNA. Third protocol was CTAB and SDS based method, developed by adding higher concentration of
CTAB and NaCl with an aim to remove polysaccharides, and extra PVP as a phenols and polyphenols remover. It resulted into
high quality DNA with average purity of 1.8 and yield 200g per gm stem tissue that appropriate for molecular characterization.
For molecular marker analysis total 20 decamer primers of OPA series were tested and among them four primers successfully
revealed 42.10 % polymorphism. Thus, the results adequately discriminate the morphological variants.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.