Association analysis between oil yield and its component characters in Jatropha
Keywords: Jatropha curcas, correlation, path, oil yield
AbstractThe present study was undertaken to determine the correlation and path analysis in interspecific hybrids of Jatropha.
Thirteen families along with one check were taken for study. The present investigation revealed that the characters such as
seed yield per plant, weight of the capsules per plant, number of seeds per plant, number of capsules per plant, number of
flower clusters per plant and oil content recorded siginificant and positive correlation with oil yield per plant. The path
analysis also showed that the characters viz., weight of the capsules per plant and number of seeds per plant showed high
positive and direct effect on oil yield per plant, whereas number of capsules per plant recorded positive and high indirect
effect via number of seeds per plant on oil yield per plant.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.