VRI Gn 7 – A high yielding Virginia Bunch variety
Keywords: Semi-spreading, VG 9902
AbstractThe semi spreading groundnut culture VG 9902 is a hybrid derivative of TMV 1 x JL 24. It is a high yielding semi
spreading genotype with rose testa. It matures in 120-125 days. This culture has recorded an overall mean dry pod yield of
1865 kg/ha, with an increase pod yield of 19.0 and 23.3 per cent over TMV 1 and TMV 10, respectively under rainfed
condition. The pod and kernel characteristics of this culture are most acceptable to the farmers. The shelling out turn and oil
content are 72.0 and 48.0 per cent, respectively. The culture possessed seed dormancy for a period of 45 days.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.