Comparison and association of parametric and non-parametric measures for identification of stable genotypes in finger millet
Keywords: G×E, Parametric stability, Non parametric stability, Rank Correlation, Finger millet
AbstractA study of phenotypic stability of 13 finger millet genotypes was conducted to assess genotype-environment interaction (GEI) and identify stable finger millet (Eleusine coracana (L.) Gaertn. subsp. coracana) genotypes for grain yield across four diverse locations in India. Both parametric and non-parametric stability statistics were used to identify stable finger millet genotypes. The parameters Wi2, σi2, Si(1),Si(2) identified similar stable genotypes, while different stable genotypes were identified by other measures. High correlation among non-parametric and parametric measures showed that these measures can be used alternatively. Only two stability measures, Ysi and YSI showed significant association with mean grain yield and Ysi was better choice for screening of genotypes for both yield and stability. The stable high yielding genotypes PPR 2773, VL 368, KOPN 942, VR 988, TNAU 1214 and GPU 45 can be deployed or included in breeding program for enhancing the finger millet productivity.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.