CO 8 : A high yielding long duration new red gram variety suitable for Tamil Nadu
A high yielding redgram culture CRG 10-01 was a cross derivative of APK 1x LRG 41 and matures in 170 to 180 days. The culture recorded an average grain yield of 1600 kg/ha under rainfed condition and 1800 kg/ha under irrigated condition with a yield increase of 19 percent over CO 6 and 22 percent over VBN 2. Drought tolerant CO 8 variety shown resistance to Sterility Mosaic Disease, root rot and moderately resistant to pod borer complex. This culture CRG 10-01 is released as CO 8 redgram for general cultivation in Tamil Nadu during 2017. The variety notification proposal has been submitted to the PPV&FRA with DNA finger printing profile for approval.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.