Character association for yield traits in Oroxylum indicum (L.) Vent. : A vulnerable medicinal tree
Oroxylum indicum (L.) Vent. is an important threatened medicinal tree. An experiment was undertaken to study the correlation and path analysis in Oroxylum indicum (L.) Vent. accessions during 2016-17. Correlation study revealed that number of pods per plant, leaf area, leaf width and petiole length had significant positive correlation with pod yield per plant. According to path analysis, number of pods per plant, leaf length, plant height, pod width, number of seeds per pod and number of pods per plant recorded positive and high direct effect on pod yield per plant. Thus, based on correlation and path analysis, traits viz. number of pods per plant and pod length can be considered as selection indices for high pod yield in this species.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.