VL Dhan 158: An early maturing rice variety for rainfed uplands of North-West Himalayas
Early duration rice variety, VL Dhan 158 was developed by ICAR-Vivekananda Parvatiya Krishi Anusandhan Sansthan(VPKAS),Almora, Uttarakhand for cultivation under rainfed upland conditions of Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh during Kharif season. This variety was notified and released in 2017 by the Central Sub-Committee on Crop Standards Notification and Release of Variety for Agricultural Crops.VL Dhan 158 is derived from the cross RCPL 1-45 x VL 3861 with maturity duration of 110- 120 days. This has intermediate plant height, semi-erect panicle mostly exerted and plants are non-lodging. This variety has recordedaverage grain yield of 2,386 kg/ha in comparison to national check, Vivek Dhan 154 (1,722 kg/ha); regional check, Sukradhan1 (2,115 kg/ha) and Local check (1,905 kg/ha) with yield advantage of 38.53, 12.78 and 25.26 per cent, respectively, over these checks. It has exhibited high head rice recovery of 66.2%,intermediate ASV (4.0) and amylose content of 24.44%.It has shown resistance to brown spot(Cochliobolus miyabeanus) and blast(Magnaporthe grisea), the most serious disease of upland rice in Northern hill.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.