ALG 06 320 – A new high yielding Spanish bunch groundnut variety
The Central groundnut ALG 06 320 is the cross derivative of (J 11 x CG 52) x ICGV 86015. This variety yielded 2741 kg/ha) and has given higher pod yield over the national check varieties; 33.06 % increase over TAG 24 (2060kg/ha); 29.05 % over R 8808 (2124 kg/ha); 2.16% over RHRG 06021 (2683 kg/ha); 7.15 % over ICGV 00351 (2558 kg/ha) during rabi season from 2008 to 2011 year. The variety ALG 06 320 is early in maturity (115 days) compared to R 8808 (116 days) and; RHRG (117 days). Shelling out turn (70.7%) is comparable with TAG 24(67.7), ICGV 00350 (66%), CTMG 6 (67%), RHRG 06021 (66%); R 8808 (67.7%). Sound mature Kernels are more in ALG 06 320 (90%) compared to TAG 24 (85.3%), R 8808 (84.3%), ICGV 00350 (86%); RHRG (82.7%) Oil content is also high (50.3%) in TAG 24 (49.3%) and R 8808 (49.7%). For the variety ALG 06 320 has shown lesser incidence of Peanut bud necrosis disease, Late leaf spot and rust diseases, compared to zonal check varieties. ALG 06 320 has shown tolerance against Spodoptera litura, leaf miner, leaf hopper and thrips. Thus, the groundnut culture ALG 06 320 was identified for release during 2013 by AICRP (G) and notified as Central groundnut ALG 06 320 during 2017 by CVRC.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.