National release – A high yielding, short duration, non – lodging and bold seeded prosomillet variety TNPm 230 as ATL1
A high yielding and early maturing prosomillet culture TNPm 230 was developed at the Centre of excellence, Athiyandal, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University and released TNPm 230 as ATL1at national level. It is a derivative of the cross involving TNAU 164 x IPM 19. It yields on average grain yield of 2152 kg/ha and straw yield of 5970 kg/haunder rainfed condition. This variety has registered 12 and 15 per cent increased grain yield over the checks TNAU145 and GPUP 21 respectively in All India Coordinated trials. Proposed variety has given Eight and 11 per cent increased grain yield over the qualifying varieties TNPm 228 and DHPrMV 2721 respectively. TNPm 230has semi-compact panicle, bold seeds and exhibited better grain quality than the checks; on par for a response to agronomic practices, susceptible to banded blight in AP only. Therefore, the entry TNPm 230 as ATL1 is recommended for the national level release except in Andhra Pradesh.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.