TNAU Rice CO 51 (IET 21605) - A high yielding short duration fine grain rice variety for Tamil Nadu
Early duration rice culture CB 06535,aderivative of the cross ADT 43 / RR 272 -1745wasreleased as TNAU Rice CO 51 during the year 2013 as an alternate variety to ADT 43 with 105 -110 days duration with additional desirable features like high yield, physiological efficiency and better adaptability. This culture with semi dwarf stature has efficient tillering capacity, long droopy panicles with highly acceptable plant characters and is a good replacement for the rice variety ADT 43 due to its high grain yield and pest and disease resistance. In the overall performance, the culture, CB 06 535 recorded a mean productivity of 6623 kg/ha in seven years of trials with 10.72 per cent increase over ADT 43. At Nallampalli, Dharmapuri district, the culture has recorded the highest yield of 11,377 kg/ha among the trials conducted, demonstrating the highest yield potential of this variety. The culture CB 06 535 is moderately resistant to blast, BPH and GLH under artificial condition. It produces medium slender white rice with intermediate amylose, soft gel consistency and moderate gelatinization temperature. It produces good quality cooked rice besides high milling and head rice recovery. CB 06 535 with higher yield, better pest and disease resistance and good cooking quality in comparison to the check ADT 43 is suitable for cultivation during Kar/ Kuruvai/Sornavari/Navaraiand the seasons / tracts wherever early maturing rice varieties are cultivated throughout Tamil Nadu.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.