Evaluation of bitter gourd Hybrids
The experiment was conducted at the Department of vegetable science, College of Horticulture, Vellanikkara, Kerala Agricultural University during the year 2016-2017 to evaluate the performance of bitter gourd hybrids. The experimental material comprised of 16 hybrids and 5 check varieties collected from public (IARI, New Delhi and KAU, Thrissur) and private sectors. Observations were recorded for 14 characters and ranking of hybrids was done based on cumulative index worked out for the characters like, nodes to 1st female flower appearance, days to 1st picking, fruit weight (g), fruit length (cm), fruit diameter (cm), relative early yield (kg), yield/plant (kg) and number of fruits per plant. Significant difference was observed among the hybrids for the selected characters. Promising 5 F1 hybrids selected based on the cumulative index were MC-142, MC-136, MC-139, MC-138 and MC-133.
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.