GGE biplot and AMMI analysis of advanced breeding lines of linseed
Ten advanced breeding lines of linseed were assessed in four environments viz; two locations each during 2016-17 and 2017-18. Analysis of variance exhibited a significant variation for genotype, environment and G X E effects for all the traits. The GGE biplot analysis showed that genotypes LCP 87, LC 2063, LDCP 13 and M 6 are suitable for seed yield for the present locations. Combined analysis for stability through GGE biplot and AMMI revealed that the genotypes LC 2063 & LCP 87 can further be utilized in the future breeding programme for higher seed yield and LC 2063 & LDCP 1 for better stability.
Linseed, stability, GGE biplot, AMMI, G X E interaction
It is certified that:
- The corresponding author is fully responsible for any disputes arising due to the publication of his/her manuscript.
- The article has been seen by all the authors who are satisfied with its form and content.
- The sequence of names of authors in the by-line is as per their relative contribution to this experiment, giving due credit to all scientists who made notable contribution to it.
- All the authors fully understand that inclusion of any other co-authors or exclusion of any co-authors is not possible once the article has been submitted to the journal.
- The corresponding author takes full responsibility for this article.
- The address of the organization where the research was conducted is given.
- The article is exclusive for this journal, and the results reported here have not been sent (and will not be sent during its consideration by this journal) for publication in any other journal.
- Authors agree to abide by the objective comments of referees and do agree to modify the article into a short note as per the recommendation, for publication in the Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding.
- If published in Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding, the copyright of this article would vest with the Indian Society of Plant Breeders, who will have the right to enter into any agreement with any organization in India or abroad engaged in reprography, photocopying, storage and dissemination of information contained in it, and neither we nor our legal heirs will have any claims on royalty.